This training is being put on by Maritime College of Forest Technology
We have assembled 15 leading experts from across North America to present at this workshop.
Participants completing this training will understand:
- The principles of forest vegetation management
- The role of herbicides in promoting successful forest regeneration
- The effects of plant competition on the growth and development of forest stands
- Types and formulations of herbicides available for forest vegetation management
- How to select the most effective herbicide to meet a specific silvicultural objective-
The latest research on environmental fate of herbicides in the forest environment
- Principles of toxicology related to forest herbicides- The most recent understanding on the effects of herbicides on forest wildlife and wildlife habitat
- State-of-the-art techniques on how to most effectively apply herbicides and protect the environment
- Principles of risk perception and how to engage in successful risk communication with the public
- Advanced integrated forest vegetation management and alternatives to herbicides
- How to develop a successful forest vegetation management plan using herbicides and the alternatives
- Calibration of equipment, including troubleshooting- UAV (Drone) technology as it applies to vegetation management
Certificate: Each course participant will receive a certificate* that showing they have obtained the most comprehensive training available and demonstrated the skills necessary to practice forest vegetation management.
*Attendance to all sessions is mandatory.
Credits: Continuing Forestry Education Credits: 28
Cost: $2399 + 5% GST Enrollment is limited to 40 people on a first-come-first-serve basis. We must have your application in hand and payment received in order to guarantee your spot on this course.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund if you cancel more than 2 weeks prior to course starting 50% refund if you cancel 2 weeks or less prior to course starting If you register 2 weeks or less prior to course starting your course fees are non-refundable.
Hotel: reservations at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Whitecourt are $109 plus tax per night when you use code CG14FO.
Phone 1-780-396-0990 or visit tinyurl.com/mcft2017 to book your room. Deadline for booking your room is April 14, 2017 otherwise full rates apply with no guarantee of room availability.
Microtel offers hot complimentary breakfast from 5-9am in the morning and a light dinner from 5-7pm in the evening.
They also have a dry sauna, hot tub & enhanced fitness facility.
Book Early as this course will sell out
To register for this event Click Here