Our vision is to be the leading organization for the enhancement of the utility vegetation management industry.
Registration for the Denver Safety Summit is now closed. Please contact the UAA office at email@example.com or 651-464-0380 if you have questions
The UAA Denver Safety Summit is being hosted by Xcel Energy on May 3rd & 4th 2017.
Our goal is to bring together a representative group
of utility vegetation management high
potential performers with a variety of views and
experiences to develop safety champions within
our industry that have the ability to positively impact
their companies’ safety culture at the crew level
and beyond. This summit has been developed to
promote the constructive exchange of ideas and
information. The goal of the summit is to help
organizations develop a safety culture that is
measurable by reducing incidents. Our agenda can be viewed here and we also want to encourage you to
Book your room now as rooms are held only till March 16th 2017!
Call the Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Center for reservations at
1-866-378-1583 or log in on-line
Booking Id: UAA
This training is being put on by Maritime College of Forest Technology
We have assembled 15 leading experts from across North America to present at this workshop.
Participants completing this training will understand:
- The principles of forest vegetation management
- The role of herbicides in promoting successful forest regeneration
- The effects of plant competition on the growth and development of forest stands
- Types and formulations of herbicides available for forest vegetation management
- How to select the most effective herbicide to meet a specific silvicultural objective-
The latest research on environmental fate of herbicides in the forest environment
- Principles of toxicology related to forest herbicides- The most recent understanding on the effects of herbicides on forest wildlife and wildlife habitat
- State-of-the-art techniques on how to most effectively apply herbicides and protect the environment
- Principles of risk perception and how to engage in successful risk communication with the public
- Advanced integrated forest vegetation management and alternatives to herbicides
- How to develop a successful forest vegetation management plan using herbicides and the alternatives
- Calibration of equipment, including troubleshooting- UAV (Drone) technology as it applies to vegetation management
Certificate: Each course participant will receive a certificate* that showing they have obtained the most comprehensive training available and demonstrated the skills necessary to practice forest vegetation management.
*Attendance to all sessions is mandatory.
Credits: Continuing Forestry Education Credits: 28
Cost: $2399 + 5% GST Enrollment is limited to 40 people on a first-come-first-serve basis. We must have your application in hand and payment received in order to guarantee your spot on this course.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund if you cancel more than 2 weeks prior to course starting 50% refund if you cancel 2 weeks or less prior to course starting If you register 2 weeks or less prior to course starting your course fees are non-refundable.
Hotel: reservations at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Whitecourt are $109 plus tax per night when you use code CG14FO.
Phone 1-780-396-0990 or visit tinyurl.com/mcft2017 to book your room. Deadline for booking your room is April 14, 2017 otherwise full rates apply with no guarantee of room availability.
Microtel offers hot complimentary breakfast from 5-9am in the morning and a light dinner from 5-7pm in the evening.
They also have a dry sauna, hot tub & enhanced fitness facility.
Book Early as this course will sell out
To register for this event Click Here
The 2017 ISA Annual International Conference & Trade show is open for registration. For a printable conference guide please click here.
For questions about conference programs or activities, please contact the ISA Headquarters office at +1.217.355.9411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Trees & Utilities Conference is Back!
As a result of high-demand requests, the Trees & Utilities Conference is coming back. This conference will be the chief learning and engagement event in the world for utility arborists and associated urban forestry professionals.
The Trees & Utilities Conference will offer the latest in:
SEPTEMBER 26-28, 2017 in KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI at the beautiful Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Reserve your Lodging now!
Registration begins in May so please stay tuned!
Copyright © 2003-2016 Utility Arborist Association. All rights reserved.2009 W. Broadway Ave., Suite 400, PMB 315, Forest Lake, MN, USA • +1-651-464-0380
Utility Arborist Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.